Cookies are the staple of Christmas baking. They come in all shapes and sizes and use innumerable flavor combinations from Christmas spices to peanut butter and jelly.
Sometimes simple is best though and this is by far my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Soft and chewy and irresistible straight from the oven, they will make your friends want to be first on your Christmas list next year.
What does your homemade Christmas look like this year? Leave me a comment below!
Recipe adapted from Gourmet
Makes 4 dozen cookies
3 cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar (Vanilla Sugar if you have it)
1 1/4 cups Soft Dark Brown Sugar
2 sticks (250g) Butter, melted
1 Tbsp Vanilla
10oz (400g) Dark Chocolate, broken into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
1. Cream sugars and butter until fluffy.
2. Add eggs and beat until incorporated and lighter in color.
3. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Add flour mixture to eggs in stages and beat until just incorporated.
5. Stir in chocolate and scoop in heaped tablespoons onto lined baking sheets leaving space between each cookie because they will expand.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden but not crispy.